Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 60

Hey! How is everyone? 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite Dad EVER! (And my only dad.. ;) I hope you get spoiled rotten. Eat some of your peanut M&M's for me. ;) Love you!! 

This week we had Stake Conference and it was really good! For the Sunday morning one we were in the back.. so I was trying to block out the noise from all of the little kids. So that was hard! I'm just counting my blessings that I don't have any crazy munchkins of my own to worry about right now. Ha. ;)
So a sister that spoke at Stake Conference talked about how we shouldn't push back the baptismal dates(and the dates of other saving ordinances) for our ancestors. It's important that we go to the Temple so that those we love don't have to keep waiting! I thought that was pretty cool. Cause obviously our investigators dates get pushed back all the time for one reason or another. But we're pushing our ancestors dates back if we don't go to the Temple. So people.. go for them! I love the Temple and absolutely can't wait until I get to go again. :) 

Another thought.. I hope you all are reading the Book of Mormon every single day. I love what Elder Kevin W. Pearson said in his talk Stay by the Tree. He said, 
"4. The Book of Mormon Is Key to Spiritual Survival
Life’s journey is challenging. It’s easy to be distracted, wander off the path, and get lost. Tribulation is an inevitable and indispensable part of our eternal progression. When adversity comes, don’t let something you don’t fully understand unravel everything you do know. Be patient, cling to truth; understanding will come. Trials are like great mists of darkness that can blind our eyes and harden our hearts. Unless we are “continually holding fast” to the word of God and living it, we will become spiritually blinded rather than spiritually minded. Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." 
I love the Book of Mormon. I finished again this morning and I know without a doubt that it is true. It has changed my life and I hope that you will all let it change yours as well. 

I love you all!!! Have a great week and enjoy Fisherman's Breakfast. (So jealous that I can't be there for that) 
Oh and good luck on finals, Spence! :) 
Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 

No comments:

Post a Comment