Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 67

What a week! So I guess first of all.. transfer calls came Sunday night! Guess who my companion is?! SISTER WEBB!!! And guess what area we're in?! FEDERAL WAY!! Hahah.. I'm dying. What a dream come true. Haha I thought that for sure I'd be transferred this time! But nope. :) Looks like I'll be in Federal Way for a whole year of my mission! :) I just love this place. 

This week it's been super hot and in the 90's. So basically I've been getting fried. People keep giving me sunscreen and water though. So I should be prepared for this next week! ;) 

The 4th of July was super awkward and weird. We went to a park so that we could contact a lot of people and so many of them were just rude! We finally got to talk to one guy who spoke Spanish and he said that he'd met with missionaries before and that he'd love to learn more. So we got his name and phone number and then asked for his address. As he was about to give it to us a lady came up and was like, "You need to leave. You got his phone number and that's enough." We were like what in the world?! So we kept standing there and the guy was like, No it's fine! Stay! But she was getting all mad at us and kept telling us to leave. It was SO weird. I don't know who that lady was.. but she sure didn't look like she was related to him. Haha so we just walked away and kept trying to contact. As we were walking back to the car we realized that we were the only white people at the park. Haha.. so we went elsewhere and tried to find some people to teach. :) 

We had a lesson with our investigator Mona yesterday! She's the one that I met at the garage sale last year. She told us that her daughter is going to move in with her and had asked her why she was meeting with us. She told her mom that we read from our own Bible. So Mona told her that the Mormon Bible backs up God's word and that we read from both of them. She was totally defending it! Then she told us that she's been telling everyone that she's meeting with The Sisters and how much she loves it when we come over. How cute is that? Haha she is just so great. Please keep her in your prayers! She's got a few health challenges right now. And.. she might not be living the law of chastity. So pray that that lesson will go well. ;) 

Well I'll write more in my letter home. We did have a lot of great things happen this last week and there are even more to come this week! So we're excited for that :) I love you all SOOO much! 

Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 


No comments:

Post a Comment