Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 8

Good Mormon Everyone! (Haha that's what an elderly lady said to us the other day. She's a pretty recent convert and she's hilarious. :) 

How is everyone doing? :) It was so good to be able to hear from all of you the other day! So I'm a horrible person and I'm not even sure if I told you Happy Mother's Day, mom! I know that I did in my letter to you, but did I tell you while we were Skyping? If not, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! To the greatest mom in the entire world. I love you so much!!! :)

Hmm.. So I feel like I told you everything that's been going on here lately. Yesterday was pretty funny though! We met with this lady who told us that she's "eternally engaged". And she has been for like 12 years! So that was interesting. I don't know why she doesn't just get married to the guy! But whatever. Ha he asked Sister Goaslind and I if we were sisters and I was like yep! Uhh.. actually no. Not real sisters. But we're sister missionaries! Haha. Everyone thinks we look alike.. but I don't see it. It's just because we have the same eye color! Ha. But after we got done meeting with this lady we asked her if there was any service that we could do for her. So she asked us if we could watch her 80 something year old mom while her and her "husband" went out. I was like what in the world?! People don't even know us and they're asking us to babysit for them. Hahah. Weird. We told her we'd have to see.. ha. 

I found a scripture the other day that I really like. It's John 19:26-27. It talks about how Christ was on the cross and how is mother was there watching him suffer. Christ told his disciple, John, to take his mother to his house and care for her. Christ is just always the perfect example. He loved and cared for his mom, as well as everyone else, so much! He didn't want his mom to watch him suffer. If it was me, I think I'd want my mom there to comfort me and help me get through the pain! Ahh.. He's just such an amazing person. I love my Savior! And I know that he perfectly loves each and every one of us. So remember that! And apply his Atonement in your life. :) 

I love you all so much! I will talk to you next week :) 
Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 
P.S. I'm staying in Enumclaw with Sister Goaslind!
P.P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATASHA!! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment