Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 34

Hello! :) 

Well.. this week I got to make some apple pie filling! So that was exciting because I didn't get to help out with it at home this year! It turned out pretty great! But nothing tops yours, mom. :) 

We had a ward party this week and we had Turkey Bowling. Haha it was so awesome! I bowled a 20 pound turkey and got a spare! Ha I totally nailed it. And my team won.. so it was pretty much the best. :) 

Well yesterday was like the best and worst day ever. Angelika texted us yesterday morning and told us that she wouldn't be able to make it to church. As I sat in Sacrament meeting it seemed like every talk would've benefited her SO much! So I sat there pondering why Heavenly Father didn't provide the way for her to make it. Then after church we texted her and she told us that she would be able to go to the devotional with us. So we were happy that she'd at least be able to go to that! Then an hour before we were supposed to leave she told us that she wouldn't make it home in time. We decided to act on faith and just show up at her house anyways. We knocked on her door and... she wasn't home. By this time I was getting a little frustrated! So I called her and she said that she'd be home in 15 minutes. We decided to wait for her and to make a long story short, she finally made it! We went to the devotional (a little late) and she definitely felt the Spirit. As we sat in the chapel she said, "Wow. This building is beautiful! But now I just really miss my church." She then told me how she really wished she would have gone to church and how she was sad that she would have to wait a whole other week now. I saw tears in her eyes and knew that she was being sincere. 

I know that Heavenly Father truly does know what's best. Angelika had to miss coming to church yesterday so that she could feel the difference between going and not going. Heavenly Father then gave her the desire to attend church again! After that experience I've realized that I need to more fully trust in Him. He knows His children better than I do and He will prepare the way for them! 

So please keep praying for Angelika. She needs the prayers!! Pray that she will take a leap of faith and get baptized soon! She's so close. :) 

Want to hear the worst news though? :/ Our area is getting shut down. Meaning they're taking the Sisters out and are just leaving the Elders. So that means I'm getting transferred in 3 weeks. I'm so sad!!! I don't want to leave this area.. and I don't want to leave Angelika either. I know that the Elders and this ward will take care of her, but it's going to be hard to leave. Buuuut... It'll all work out for the best. It always does. :) 

I love you all sooo much. Have a fantastic week and I'll talk to you later! :) 
All my love,
Sista Flamm 






No comments:

Post a Comment