Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 42

Hello Family and Friends! 

I hope everyone is having a greeeeat Monday! 

I went back to Federal Way this week for an unplanned for exchange! It was pretty great. We went to Costa Vida for lunch and guess what... we got it for FREE! Sweet pork salad for freeee! I was pretty pumped! It totally made my day. Ha apparenly that owner is a member and he hooked us up. So good :) 

Have you guys read the talk in the Ensign called An Hour to Watch With Him? It's SO good. Everyone read it for Family night tonight! 

It starts out talking about these few verses in Matthew.. 

36 ¶Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, andbegan to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

46 Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

I was thinking about the Apostles and how bad they must have felt for falling asleep THREE different times. Then Christ says, "Could you not watch with me one hour?" You wouldn't think it would be that hard to stay awake! But in that talk it talks about the way that we approach sacrament meeting is the way that we can watch with Him one hour. So on Sunday I did my best to be completely focused. Not just during the sacrament, but during the whole meeting. I listened and wrote down impressions that I got. And I think I did a pretty good job! But then during the next sacrament meeting I was having a hard time. My mind kept wandering and I couldn't focus on the talks! It was kind of rough. I think I was able to feel a little bit how the Apostles felt. I didn't necessarily fall asleep, but my mind definitely wasn't present in the meeting! So I decided that this is something that I personally need to work on. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that we have to go to church each week. It's such a blessing to be able to reflect on what our Savior has done for us and to renew our baptismal covenants! Man, we are so blessed. :) 

I've got to get going but thank you all for the prayers! I love you all so very much. Have a great week! :) 

Love, 
Sister Flamm 










No comments:

Post a Comment