Thursday, June 4, 2015

Week 62

What a week. Thanks for sending the sickness my way everyone! Ha just kidding. But really... we had to stay inside for 2 days this week cause I was sick. It started out on Wednesday night with a sore throat and then I just felt so weak. We had a couple of appointments that day, so I made it through those! But then we stayed in for the rest of that night and all day Friday because I had a fever. I basically slept the day away while Sister Webb cleaned and organized everything. Ha she's such a champ! Bro Fife (the ones that we live with) bought us a thermometer and some ice cream though. So that was great! :) Then we had to teach the 5th Sunday lesson. Haha I'm surprised that  Sister Webb and I didn't pass out! We both just looked like death. But it's all good! Now we both just have stuffed noses. So we're recovering! Well at least I am. Hopefully Sister Webb doesn't get more sick. Ha. OH!! And you'll never even believe it.. but I swallowed 2 pills!!!!! Yep it only took 20 years for me to be able to swallow pills. ;) Haha I kind of cheated though and did it with applesauce. But hey, whatever works, right? I bet you are all so proud of me :) Haha 

We've definitely been living the dream here in Federal Way though. Being with Sister Webb in the greatest area ever is priceless :) I'm just loving it. We were out contacting yesterday and we asked this girl what the greatest gift that she'd ever been given was. She told us Jesus Christ and her son. So we kept talking and tied that into the Sabbath Day and how that's one of God's greatest gifts to us. It was such a good contact! She told us how she really wants to have Sunday's off of work so that she can go to church. So if you could pray for Desiree to have work off I'd really appreciate it :) We have an appointment with her tonight so we're praying that all goes well! She's like super prepared. :) 

Also if you could pray for Sade and her family as well. She's living with some family members of a different faith and they just keep throwing a bunch of anti stuff at her. The last lesson was kind of rough and she's just confused on what to believe. We keep inviting her to pray about it and not take anyone's word for it. It just breaks my heart though! She's only 12 years old and I know that this gospel is truly the only thing that will help her and her family. 

2 Nephi 31:21 "And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen."

I hope everyone gets feeling better soon! I love you all so so so much!!! :) 
Love,
Sister Maurcine Flamm 


No comments:

Post a Comment