Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 65

What a crazy week. Remember how Sister Webb and I starting biking? Yeah. So last Thursday was the most perfect day so we decided that we'd bike all day! We biked to an appointment and had a really good lesson with a part member family. We left and started biking to our next appointment. We were cruising! Ha. So Sister Webb was in front leading the way. We were biking on the sidewalk and then had to cross the road to the next sidewalk. There was a car stopped at the stop sign so Sister Webb started biking across. As she was halfway across the guy pushed on the gas and clipped her back tire. She then flew off her bike and landed in the road on her hands and knees. So I jumped off of my bike and ran over to her. She hopped right up and the guy got out of his car and just started apologizing and asking if she was ok. We were both just in shock. She said that she was fine and then guess what he did?! He saw our name tags, got back into his car, and drove away. Did we get his name or license plate number? Nope. Not a thing. It happened so fast!!! So we picked up our bikes and started walking to our appointment. So you better believe we taught another lesson right after Sister Webb got hit by a car. Haha I don't know what we were thinking.. clearly we weren't. :) Sister Webb's hand started hurting her though so we called Sister Eaton and she told us to go get it checked out at Urgent Care. So long story short.. Sister Webb is good! She strained her hand and got a few scrapes and bruises but no broken bones! Talk about a miracle!!! It was crazy. After that I kept thinking about Brooke and how she had to watch me get hit.. and how I had to watch Sister Webb. I decided that Brooke definitely had it worse though because I was screaming bloody murder when it happened to me. (Sorry Brooke!!) Ha. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father is always watching out for us. We're going to keep biking once Sister Webb's bike gets fixed, but don't worry! We'll be super careful :) Oh! And thanks so much for the odometer Keriana! It works like a charm. I've only been able to use it once so far though.. but those 3 miles were great while they lasted. ;) 

We also had the chance to go to a baptism in Puyallup South this last week! It was for a 9 year old girl that Sister Webb worked a lot with and who I taught a couple of times. Her mom gave the talk on baptism and it was so good!! She had 3 dresses displayed. A blessing dress, a baptism dress, and a wedding dress. She then talked about the different names we take upon us when we wear each dress. She emphasized the baptism dress and how we get to take upon us the name of our Savior and how that's such a privilege. It was so cute!! It's probably on pinterest or something.. but I'm totally stealing it for when my daughters get baptized someday. :) 

Well there's probably lots more to write about but that's all I've got for right now. :) I love you all! I hope you had a great Father's Day Dad! I'm so grateful for you and love you so much :) 

Have a good week!!

Love, 
Sister Flamm 



No comments:

Post a Comment