Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 74

Hey! How's everyone doing?

Things have been great here in Federal Way! I love Sister Goodman. She's basically the nicest person on the planet. Always happy and smiling. :) Ha. We just got back from playing soccer with Aiden and his family and the Crawford family. So basically a bunch of kids under the age of 12. :) Haha it was a blast! Sister Goodman is dang good at soccer. And I'm really out of shape.. Ha. So now I'm sweaty and gross and no one is going to want to talk to me. ;) 

We had a lesson with Bro Boyd this week. He's a member in our ward that we read to each week because he's blind. He has strengthened my testimony SO much!! So we were talking with him and he was telling us how he's on dialysis 3 times a week and how he saves Thursday's for us so that we can come by. He needs a kidney transplant and he told us, "Don't pray for a new kidney. I don't want anyone to die for me because HE already did." It just brought tears to my eyes. He's just such a humble man who is suffering so much! Yet he is patient and understanding of our Heavenly Father's timing. He then told us more about his conversion and said that, "God closed my eyes physically but opened them spiritually." He's always just so grateful! It made me think of the talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. In the talk he said, "My dear brothers and sisters, the choice is ours. We can choose to limit our gratitude, based on the blessings we feel we lack. Or we can choose to be like Nephi, whose grateful heart never faltered. When his brothers tied him up on the ship—which he had built to take them to the promised land—his ankles and wrists were so sore “they had swollen exceedingly,” and a violent storm threatened to swallow him up in the depths of the sea. “Nevertheless,” Nephi said, “I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.”

I know that that's true. We can choose to be happy no matter what. :) So that's what I'm working on this week! I'll let you know how it goes. :) Ha. Well I love you all! Talk to you later! 

Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 

P.S. Happy late birthday Paige!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment