Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Week 78

Life doesn't even seem real right now. I feel like I'll be a full time missionary forever and yet I know that I'm going home soon. Probably because everyone and their dog keep asking me about it. Haha this old guy in our ward sang to me yesterday, "My bags are packed, I'm ready to gooo!" Apparently it was a song that was playing at the airport when he was coming home from his mission. So every time he ran into me yesterday he'd sing that song. I was like, "Brother Hall! My bags aren't even packed! I'm going to be here forever." Haha he's a clown.. 

I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I've had to represent my Savior. I know that He lives. And striving to bring others unto Him has been one of my greatest blessings. Serving a mission has been the best decision that I have ever made in my life. It's been a roller coaster. Filled with ups and downs! But it has been more than worth it. 

I was reading today in Jacob 4 and in verse 7 it says, "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." I know that there is NO way that I could've done this work without the help of my Savior. He has strengthened me more than I can even express. He truly makes our weaknesses strengths. I'm not perfect, but I've grown so much. I know that this gospel is learning experience each and every day of our lives. There are always ways that we can improve! So I'm excited that I can learn and grow in the gospel for the rest of my life. :) 

I know that our Savior's Atonement is real and that it is for each and every one of us. President Henry B. Eyring said, You will never meet anyone ever in your life that the Savior did not love enough to have paid the full price." I know that that's true! And if you haven't read it yet, read through this poem. It's from this month's Ensign. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He truly is with us at all times. 

I love you all. SO, so, so much. Thank you for your love and support. I have thee greatest friends and Flammily in the world. I'll see you all soon. :) 
Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 

His Perfect Atonement
I used to believe
That there was a hole
In Christ’s Atonement—
That He could save everyone—
Except me.
But I was wrong.
There is not one hole,
But seven.
Two holes in
His Hands
Where they nailed Him
To a cross
At the behest of those
He would die
To save,
Two holes in
His wrists
Where they ensured
The weight of His body
Would not cause
His hands
To rip through
Before His penance
Was complete,
Two holes in
His feet
Where He stood
As a witness to all
Of God’s unyielding love
For each
Of His children,
And one hole in
His side
Where they pierced Him
To prove His work
Was done.
Seven.
Perfection.
Seven perfect holes
In earth’s only
Perfect Man.
The perfect Atonement
To patch the holes in our lives.
His holes make us
Whole.
I was wrong.
There is a
Whole
In Christ’s Atonement
For me
After all.
-Kasey Hammer, Utah, USA




No comments:

Post a Comment