Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 3

Holy cow! Hello everyone!!

Haha so I litterally just went through like 25 emails. Thank you SO much for everyone who took the time to write me! I'll try to get back to all of you soon! :)

So I'm in Washington! Wahoo!! This place is absolutely amazing. Apparently I came at the best time because it has been sunny and warm and everything is just so green! Haha I love it. :) So first of all, my companion's name is Sister Goaslind. You don't pronounce the "a" though. Haha pretty sure I say her name wrong all of the time. But I'll get it down! She's super great though. We get along really well and I know that I'll learn a ton from her! This is her second time training and she's been out for about 9 months. She's 21 and is from Sandy, Utah. So yeah.. :) Haha.

We live in a little house/apartment thing behind a member's house. It's a cute little blue house.. :) It has been occupied by Elder's for like 10ish years though.. so that's fun. Haha. Umm so this area is great. The members are so pumped about missionary work right now! They have been such a blessing to Sister Goaslind and I because we don't know what the heck we're doing. We got white-washed... so we both don't know anyone or our way around Enumclaw! But we have a GPS so we're trying to get things figured out. We've been trying to visit the members and get to know some of the less actives. Great things are going to happen here! :)
Our first night here we taught 2 less actives. So we got right to work!! We also had dinner at a member's home. The member's here really take care of us! Haha all we've heard lately is how excited everyone is to finally have Sister Missionaries! We're the first ones that this ward has had in like FOREVER! So it's all just really exciting. :) We're like super stars here or something! A little girl ran up to her mom and was like, "Mom! I saw the Sister's!! And they are so pretty!!" Hahah it was so great. I think everyone was just tired of seeing Elder's all of the time! ;)

So confrence was great! We watched all of the sessions at the church except for Sunday morning. We went to Bishop Sorrenson's house for breakfast and conference. Sister Sorrenson made baked french toast and it was AMAZING. But even more amazing than that, we had an investigator there with us! Her name is Khloe and she's 15. She is the cutest girl I have ever met. She has taken the misionary discussions before, but her mom didn't want her to rush into anything. So she had her look into other churches! But she told us that she knows that our church is true. So we're going to continue to teach her and then hopefully her mom's heart will be softened and she'll allow Khloe to be baptized! So pray for them! Everyone needs this gospel! :)

So I can't remember in conference who talked about that Sister Missionary getting mashed potatoes thrown at her, but that was crazy! I probably would've just cried. I like how she just walked away though and didn't say anything mean to him. That would take a lot of self control! In my personal studies lately I've been reading about Christ before he was crucified. He had so many horrible things happen to him! In Matthew 27:30 it says, "And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head." After they did that they took him away to crucify him. Can you even imagine?? Because I can't. He allowed all of those things to happen to him because HE LOVES US. He knew that he had to experience those things in order for us to return to him and Heavenly Father again someday. He was the perfect example of loving others! I guess that's why I really liked the story about the Sister Missionary because she acted just as Christ would've. I know that I need to learn how to love as Christ did.

I feel like I have so much to tell all of you, but I can't really think of what to say! Haha this week has flown past because we've been so busy. But it's great! I am loving this opportunity that I have to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :) I want you all to know that I love my Savior and that I know that he loves each and every one of you. I challenge you to draw closer to him and to more fully use The Atonement in your life. :) Also, challenge to all of you! Start reading Preach My Gospel! And then tell me what you learn. :) I love you all! Keep writing to me!! :) I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Sister Flamm








No comments:

Post a Comment