Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 73

Hello!   

This week has flown by and I seriously can't even remember all of the things that happened! First of all though, Sister Webb is gone. :( I killed her off yesterday and now she's home! It was sad to see her go.. but I'll see her soon. General Conference here we come! ;) She was such an amazing companion. I just love her to death. She brought so much joy in missionary work! I knew that I could always count on her and that she'd always have my back. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me to be with her for 3 transfers. :) 

My new companion will be Sister Goodman! She's such great sister. I've gone on a few exchanges with her so this should be a really good transfer together here in Federal Way! Ha. You better believe I'm finishing my mission strong in good ol' Star Lake ward. :) I'm pumped! 

Our investigator Bernice is progressing so well. After gospel principles on Sunday she told us that lately she has just felt empty and that learning more about the gospel is filling her life with greater purpose. She's just so sweet! Please keep praying for her. We're doing our best to prepare her for baptism! I know that as she continues to come to church, read from the Book of Mormon each day, and pray, Heavenly Father will provide.  

We had Zone Conference this last week and Sister Webb and I got called on for EVERYTHING. Haha It was insane. We were called on to give talks, lead a group discussion, give our departing testimonies, and something else that was on the spot. I didn't know it was Sister Flamm and Webb Conference! Ha everyone was probably sick of hearing from us! But that's ok. It was a good opportunity for me to share my testimony. 

I love that the leaves are beginning to change. This time of year is always SO beautiful. It's my favorite! We contacted someone yesterday and asked them about the most beautiful thing they saw as they were walking around. We then read 3 Nephi 11:8-10. (Not sure if I've shared this with you before or not...but here it is again!)

"And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.

And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying:

Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world."

Can you even imagine?! That would be to most beautiful view EVER!!! The guy that we talked to definitely agreed. We were then able to teach him more and get his contact info so that missionaries where he lives could teach him. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and Eternal life in the world to come. He is the only way! And I know that to be true. You can't be truly happy without this gospel. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I love you all. Tell me about your missionary experiences that you have! :) Talk to you next week! 

Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 



No comments:

Post a Comment