Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 6

Guess who didn't have to shovel horse poop this week?! This girl! :) Yeah! I was pretty happy about that :) Ha we worked on another farm this week though! But it was a sweet one. It was way nice and very well kept. I just really want some cowboy boots. Then my life would be complete! ;) 

We met a potential investigator this week! His name is Deshaun and he's about 20 years old. We taught him the Restoration on Friday and then we're going to teach him about the Book of Mormon tonight! So pray that all goes well! He doesn't have any religious background. He said that he can only remember praying once. But we got him to say a simple prayer last week! So now he has prayed twice. :) Haha I pretty much just told him how we pray and then Sis. Goaslind and I folded our arms, closed our eyes, and waited for him to pray. He was like uhh.. ok. Haha it was funny. But he did a great job! I hope that he'll want to learn more and that he'll be able to receive answers as he continues to pray. Because I know that God will answer him if he listens! 

We totally had two dinners on Saturday night. One right after the other! Holy intense. I tried to just have small portions at both houses. But it was a little tricky cause everything was just so good! Ha. But the best part was that I got dessert twice. :) Haha so that was great. :) I try to get Sister Goaslind to run with me in the mornings, but she's kind of a party pooper sometimes. So we usually just end up walking! But it's better than nothing I guess.. :)

We taught Khloe this week and she even came to church again yesterday! And she said she loved it :) She's so great! Man I just love her. Keep praying for her and her mom! She said that her parents still don't want her to get baptized until she's 17. And she's not even 16 yet. She's so ready right now! So hopefully we can get things worked out. 

We had a new member devotional/fireside thing last night and it was awesome. New members from around the area got up and shared their testimonies. One girl said that she stayed up for 3 nights reading the Book of Mormon. She said that the only thing that kept her awake was drinking lots of coffee. Then she was like, "That was before I knew about about the whole "no coffee" thing." Haha it was so funny! I can't wait to watch the progression of those that I teach :) 

Alma 13:24. God is preparing his children to hear the gospel! So share what you believe with everyone. Because we don't know who is ready and willing to accept it right now!
  
Well.. that's pretty much all that happened this week! I love you all and I'll talk to you next week! Thank you so much for all of the prayers! 

Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm

No comments:

Post a Comment