Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 36

Hello Flammily! 

What a week! Thanksgiving was pretty good! Definitely not the same... but still good! We had a mission activity that morning and we all got together and played sports and stuff. I didn't know that's what we were going to do though.. so I curled my hair. And not going to lie, it looked dang good! Haha. But then soccer in the RAIN happened. It was so muddy and wet.. and then my hair was destroyed. But no big deal. I'm over it. ;) Haha. After that we had dinner at a members home and then tried to find people to share the gospel with! We met a lady who spoke Persian who let us in her home. She was super nice! We showed her the "He is The Gift" video. I decided that I absolutely can't wait until there isn't a language barrier one day. That'll be nice. :) But if you haven't watched that video yet, DO IT! And then share it with someone. 

This week it SNOWED! Haha I got out of the shower and my companion was just staring out the window with the biggest smile on her face. She looked like a little kid at Christmas! Haha. But it snowed about two inches and then guess what? They banned us from driving our cars and riding bikes. They said we had to be on foot for the day! I was like are you kidding me?! This is nothing!! So we had a service project that we had to do at the church that morning that a member took us to. But then we had to walk back home in the freezing cold. Haha it was only like 2ish miles, but it was brutual. And now I know how the Elders who don't have cars feel... haha. But after we made it back home we got a call saying that we could use the cars again. HALLELUJAH! So we were happy about that. :) I did find out that our name tags make great window scrapers though! ;) 

A huge miracle happened this week! We've been working with a part member family and the husband committed to be baptized in January!! We were so excited! So now they can start working towards being sealed as a family :) Joe is the dad to that cute little girl that I sent you guys a picture of two weeks ago. I just love them!! And they all came to church for the first time as a family yesterday! I can't wait to come back for his baptism. 

Well.. it's not really looking like Angelika is going to be baptized this week. I know.. it's super disappointing. It breaks my heart! But I know that Heavenly Father has something in mind. Something that's greater than my plans. :) It'll all work out!! 

I hope everyone is starting to feel better! I'm sorry that the flu hit you guys so hard. That's no fun at all. And Spence, get better and go back to school! You're not ever going to be able to graduate if you don't go to school! Ha. I love you guys so much! Have the best week ever! 

Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 






No comments:

Post a Comment