Thursday, June 4, 2015

Week 61

Are you guys ready for theeeee greatest news EVER? Ok. I'll tell you. :) Transfer calls came and guess who's staying in Federal Way?! Yep. Me! Haha when this transfer is over I'll have been here for more than half of my mission. Pretty cool, huh :)  But even better... guess who's coming to Federal Way to be my companion?! SISTER WEBB!!!!!!!! I'm seriously dying right now. Haha I love that girl SO MUCH. This is basically the best thing ever. :) 

Whew. I'm still just so excited and I can't even think about what happened this week... so let me think.. Hmm.. well we had a few really good lessons. We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Sheila. She's a single mom and has 2 kids ages 18 and 24. We were able to finally teach her whole family last week about the Plan of Salvation. She pretty much taught the whole lesson and testified to her kids about the things she's been learning. Haha it was so good! We read a bunch of scriptures about it in the Book of Mormon and it definitely brought the Spirit in. :) 

We also had a lesson with a part member Samoan family. The Vasai's are so awesome. We've been working with Sade (Shaw-day) who is 12 and now we're working with her parents as well! Her dad is a member but hasn't been active in a little while. So we taught him and his wife, who isn't a member yet, the Restoration. She was very engaged in the lesson and just wants to know more and more. :) I'm so blessed to be able to work with such amazing people! I just wish you could all meet them.. 

So we tried contacting with this scripture yesterday. It's 2 Nephi 2:26-27
 "26 And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.

 27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself."

Because of Christ, we are free! We are able to overcome our weaknesses, sins, and even death. He is the only way! I am so grateful for my Savior and for the opportunity that we all have to choose whether or not we want to follow Him. I'm also so grateful for the men and women who have fought for our freedom. 

I love you all so much. I'm proud of you dad for blowing out all 60 of your birthday candles! And it only took 3 tries! Pretty good.. ;) Haha. 
Have a great week everyone!! 
Love, 
Sister Flamm 



No comments:

Post a Comment