Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 64

Well thanks for all of the prayers this week! 3 of our investigators came to church yesterday! And 2 of them we found this last week! So that was sweet. We were out contacting the other day and we ran into this lady and her 2 sons. She's from Myanmar and speaks Burmese and not much English. But her son does so he translated everything for us! We went by at the beginning of last week and taught them the Restoration. We weren't sure if Moe Moe (the mom) was understanding, so we tried to ask her some simple questions. I asked her if she remembered the question that Joseph asked Heavenly Father and she said yes. So then I asked her what it was and she said, "he was praying to know what church he should go to!" Then she told us how she had been praying to be able to go to an English Christian church and then the next day she met us! I can't even tell you how cool that was.. I just wanted to cry! Heavenly Father answers prayers, that's for sure!!! It made me think of this verse that I read in 2 Nephi 27 the other day. It says, 23. "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." 

I know that God truly is a God of miracles. BUT we have have to exercise our faith in Him! I'm so grateful for the miracles that I get to be apart of every single day. This truly is the greatest thing that I have ever done in my life. 

In ward council yesterday we were talking about making the Sabbath more meaningful. Something that stood out to me was that the sacrament is the only ordinance that we repeat for ourselves. The only one! I know that it's so important that we partake of the sacrament weekly. I'm still trying to figure out how I can make it more meaningful each week! So let me know what you guys do to give me more ideas! 

Well I love you all so much! You're all in my prayers :) Talk to you soon! 

Love,
Sister Maurcine Flamm


No comments:

Post a Comment