Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Love

Have you ever taken the love languages test before? Well, I hadn't until about yesterday. You can find an online quiz for it here. So anyways, after I took the test I immediately got my results back. It told me that I scored high in both acts of service and physical touch. Which I'd say is pretty accurate! Last week Dakota cleaned the whole house for me because he knew that I had a ton of homework. It was thee sweetest thing ever! He's seriously just a giant teddy bear. And who doesn't love to hug a giant teddy bear?! I know I sure do. :) Ha. I'm grateful that he shows his love for me each and every day.

For my Eternal Family class this week we had to take the love language test and then figure out someone else's as well. So I had Dakota take the test and his highest scoring one was words of affirmation. After we figure someone else's out, we're supposed to do things to show that person in their love language just how much we love them.

I came up with this super simple way to write down the reasons why I love Dakota. I bought a cheap frame and dry erase markers from the dollar store and made this!

This is what it looks like in this little phone slot that we have in our house. But clearly we don't use it for a phone.. ha.

In the 6th paragraph of the proclamation it says, "HUSBAND AND WIFE have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. “Children are an heritage of the Lord” (Psalm 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations."

I absolutely love this paragraph. We all need to love and feel loved as well! So I challenge you all to show someone each day just how much you love them. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment