Monday, March 28, 2016

The Savior's Love

I feel like I've learned a lot about love these last few weeks. Dakota and I have been writing on our marker board almost every day, and it has been so much fun! I've learned that a simple act of kindness can truly go a long ways. Last week I was trying to finish up all of my homework in time and was getting a little frustrated with it. Dakota left me alone and went and did all of the dishes and then came into the living room with some cookies and milk. It was simple, but I really appreciated it! I love that he observes and then serves me as well as those around him. He really loves everyone!


We then went to his parent's house this last week and I spent a lot of time doing homework. So I was pretty boring... but Dakota got all of our laundry done and folded it all while I was doing work! He even came in and out of the room a few times to check up on me. He seriously is the sweetest guy I have EVER met.

This last week Dakota and I decided to more fully study the life of our Savior as we approached Easter Sunday. It truly is a humbly experience to learn all that Christ did in His earthly ministry. He spent His time teaching the people in parables and serving those that were in need of His help. In Matthew 22 it talks about the question about tribute. Christ basically tells the people to give Caesar what is his, but most importantly, to give God what is His (OURSELVES). As we pondered that we both knew that we needed to be better at serving those around us. Then on Friday evening we went and visited Dakota's grandparents. As we were talking, they told us that they needed to go help one of their friends move, and that they would be back soon. We told them that we'd love to help and tagged along. We were able to serve a lady that was in desperate need of some help. Because of her health, she couldn't move all of her belongings! This may seem like an inconvenience to some, but it was such a great experience. I knew that there was nowhere else that I would've rather have been than serving that lady when we did. It truly just made our Easter experience that much greater!


I know that we come to know our Savior as we follow His example and serve as He did. I know that just as the Proclamation says, "The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan." And also that "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ." Our Savior is the way to peace and happiness if we will but follow and come unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment