Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 10

Well.. I almost died this week! 
Alright. So yesterday we did some service for a less active lady in our ward. We helped her clean up and organize her craft room! It was a big job, but super fun. I just wanted to sit there all day long and make crafts with her!! But I didn't. ;) So anyways.. as we were unpacking boxes, we spotted this HUGE spider in the corner of her ceiling. So Sister Legas (the less active) grabbed some bug killer and sprayed that thing for a good 30 seconds. So the spider shriveled up and we were sure it was dead! So we continued working, but I kept an eye on that monster. And guess what? It started crawling around!! So I screamed... and then it fell from the ceiling onto the floor! And to make things worse, it started running towards me!!! No joke. So as I'm screaming, I jumped onto a desk so that it wouldn't attack me. Then Sister Legas came to the rescue and killed him!! Oh my gosh. I seriously thought I was going to die. Haha that thing was SO BIG!!! So then we all started laughing and Sister Legas and Sister Goaslind made fun of me... But you know what happened after that? We found that monster's mate! Sister Legas was moving some things and she almost grabbed it! So I screamed again and then she stomped on it. Oh man.. I just wish we had all of this on video! It was so funny. So I pretty much almost died from a spider and from laughing so hard. Haha 

On a more serious note, we met a new family that moved into our ward this last week. The dad is a member but the mom isn't, and then they have a 5 year old little girl. But this family moved here from California where they were homeless. They've definitely been through a lot! So we've been trying to help them out lately. They told us that they needed a bed for their daughter. All that she had been sleeping on was like this old little hospital cot! When they told us of their need though, we knew we could help. Another less active lady in our ward (Sis. Land) told us that she had a double sized bed that she was trying to get rid of, so she told us to keep our eyes out for someone that could use it! And sure enough we had just found someone. :) So we were able to get the bed all loaded up and brought it to this family's house. When Sis. Land found out who were were giving the bed to, she went all out. She gave us sheets, a comforter, and a stuffed animal to give to them as well. The Christlike love of some people truly amaze me! It made me think, am I one that just gets the job done? Or do I go that extra mile like the Savior would?

It's such a blessing to be able to serve at this time. I'm not the perfect missionary and I have SO many things that I need to improve on. But I'm so thankful that my Heavenly Father is so patient with me. I know that He is patient with all of us and love us perfectly! But we still need to do our best. We need to work hard and invite others to come unto Christ. :)  He will strengthen us! We just need to have the faith. 

Well I better go. The lady that does our laundry is in Hawaii.... so now we have to do it on our own. Haha hopefully we still remember how to do it! ;)
I love you all and I will talk to you soon! :)






Love,
Sister Maurcine Flamm 



1 comment: