Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Week 12

Why Hello! 
So we taught Evan about the Book of Mormon this last week and it was great! Remember how I told you that we left him a CD of the Book of Mormon on the lesson before? Yeah. So he went out and bought a CD player so that he could listen to it! So that right there shows that he's interested and actually wants to learn more! Cool, huh. :) We were pretty dang excited. He's just eating it up! We're giving him a church tour tomorrow and we're really excited. We're going to take him around and help him feel his way around the building and then talk to him about what we do in each area of the church. I've never given a church tour before, so it's going to be a cool experience to give it to a blind guy! Cause we're going to have to really help him understand and feel the Spirit. So pray that all goes well and that we'll be able to help him to feel the Spirit strongly! :) 

We had exchanges this week and I stayed here in Enumclaw and Sister Goaslind went to Kent. So since I stayed here I got to drive! It was kind of weird because I haven't driven in like 3 months... but don't you worry! I didn't even crash or get pulled over. :) I miss being able to drive my truck though! (Yes, I'm still claiming it as mine. ;) Ha 

Well I love you all SO much. Thank you for all of the love and support. I couldn't do this without all of you! I'm just going to leave you with this quote from Elder Richard G. Scott. He says,

 “Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding and compassion, which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain” 

I know that sometimes things don't always work out like we want them to. I've found that a lot on mission so far! But I know that God is mindful of us. He wants us to grow and become. I know that we're all sturggling with one thing or another, but only as we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ can we be comforted. 

I love you guys and you'll always be in my prayers! 
Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 


No comments:

Post a Comment