Monday, November 21, 2016

Big News!

Well, a lot sure has happened in the last few months! One of the biggest things being that Dakota and I found out that we're pregnant!
 
We were all sorts of excited!.. and scared. :)

The first trimester was kind of the worst though. I was exhausted ALL the time. I literally went to work and then came home and slept for a few hours every day. I also had to have a snack and ice cold water by my bed for when I'd wake in the middle of the night. For some reason I was super hungry.
Towards the end of the first trimester the veins in my legs started to get super achy. It turns out that the blood flow in my legs weren't too great because I was constantly on my feet. So I bought compression socks, and let me tell you, they have worked miracles. :)

Second Trimester was super great because I could start feeling the baby move and we were finally able to find out the gender!







We were SO happy and in love with this little girl already. :) We decided to name her Maleea, a name that I actually found while I was on my mission. I had read it in a talk that I was studying one morning and thought, "I'm totally going to name my daughter that one day!" So I wrote it down so that I wouldn't forget. Little did I know that "one day" would come so fast! Ha.

Every night before we went to bed, Dakota and I would pray for little Maleea. One of the first nights that we prayed for her by name, she started kicking. I can't even explain it, but it was one of the coolest experiences! She knew that we were praying for her! And I think she let us know that she liked her name. ;)

So here we are in our third trimester. Maleea is getting pretty big! I think the worst part so far has been trying to get comfortable at night. I toss and turn and keep Dakota up. So that's the pits! But we'll make it through it. I love that Maleea is so active though. It's so fun to watch and feel her move all over the place. I swear she just does summersaults all day long. I'm sure we'll have our hands full with this one! Ha. But we are beyond excited to add her to our little family.

“Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for.” - Rachel Jankovic 

No comments:

Post a Comment