Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week 18

Hello! :) 

Well this week was full of miracles! First of all, I LOVE that the church videos and mormon messages have translations. We've been teaching our Iraq family about the gospel and it's so much easier because we can show them videos and they can read the Arabic captions on the bottom! It's the greatest thing in the entire world right now. :) And they love it! We showed them a few short videos the other day and they said, "Aww.. we were hoping they were longer!" They've already watched the hour long video of The Restoration and they just want more and more. So we showed them all of the videos that they can watch whenever they want. :) We also gave them an Arabic Book of Mormon and Usif said he's read like 1/4 of it already! I'm just so amazed by these people. They can't get baptized right now because they're not citizens. But I know that when the time comes they will completely accept this gospel. Whether it's in this life or the next. :) And I can't wait until I can just talk to them without a language barrier! Ahh.. heaven will be so great with them. :)  

Oh and we taught them about about prophets as well! We told them that we have a prophet on the earth today and they said, "Like a real one? Do you have a picture?" Haha so we showed them President Monson's last talk, "Love- The Essence of the Gospel". It was SO powerful! I have never seen someone watch with such focus before! Their eyes were glued to the screen as they listened to the whole 15 minute talk. :) After we watched the talk, they told us that they believed that President Monson is a prophet of God. They said that they could feel it and that they agreed with everything he said. Ahh.. it just made me so happy! And I completely agree with them. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today. And I know that this church was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith! This gospel is true, people. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we have!! 

We were also able to experience miracles as we gave service this last week. Another investigator that we have, Tami, came to our mission devotional because we cleaned her car! And I mean deep clean... like it was insane. Haha it looked 100x better! So that was great :) As I was washing the outside of it, a lady came up to me and said, "Are you guys Nuns??" Haha not quite, lady. ;) It was funny though! But ya. Tami loved the devotional and definitely felt the spirit. It was an awesome experience! 

I've got to get going... but I hope you all have a fantastic week! It looks like you guys had a party at Mesa Falls! Ha thanks for the overload of pics, Tosh. ;) Haha I really do love them. I love you all and miss you! But I'll see you soon. :) Talk to you next week! 

-Sister Maurcine Flamm 




No comments:

Post a Comment