Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Week 16

Hey! How is everyone doing? 

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! Man.. people here in Washington party all weekend long. Fireworks went on ALL day and ALL night. It was so ridiculous! There's an Indian reservation around here so that's where everyone buys their fireworks. Pretty sure they're illegal. They sounded like bombs going off! So my ear drums are destroyed now. No big deal. ;) Ha but we were able to watch some from our bedroom window! So that was kind of fun. But nothing like the Idaho Falls firework show. :) Congrats on winning first and 3rd place in the parade, dad! You have the best looking cars on the block. ;) 

Well I feel like I'm in another country here. I've met so many people from different countries. It's crazy! And like none of them speak English... haha so it's kind of a problem. But we were able to teach a family from Iraq the other day. One of them spoke English so she was able to interpret for us. She was actually an interpreter for the U.S. Army! She's awesome :) So we explained the Book of Mormon to them and used the pictures in the front to tell the story. The mom held the Book of Mormon in her hands and then just kept kissing it. She told us that she was so grateful for the book. Then she told us that we are like her daughters. It was just so sweet!! I was dying. They're just so humble and kind! 

Another family that we met invited us in and hardly spoke any English. Then they offered us some black tea. We were like uhhh.. we can't drink that. Sorry! They were so confused and didn't understand us at all. Haha I felt bad. I love meeting all of these people though. It's such an eye opening experience! 

I came across this scripture the other day and I love it. It's Doctrine and Covenants 68:6. It says, "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He died for each and every one of us! But it's up to us whether or not we want to apply His Atonement in our lives. It is always there for us and we can use it in every aspect of our lives. So be of good cheer and do not fear! Because the Lord is with us. :) 

I love you all so much! Keep writing me letters because I love to hear from you :) 

Love, 
Sister Flamm 



P.S. Happy late birthday Nathan! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment