Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 26

Hello!! Happy Monday everyone! Ha Monday's are the greatest days :) 
This week was awesome!! We found a new investigator this week who we taught the Restoration to. Her name is Tealiscia (Ta-lee-see-uh) and she's 16 years old. You can tell that she really wants more truth and direction in her life. And guess what? She committed to be baptized on November 1st!! We have our next lesson with her tonight and we're praying that her mom and brother will be there and sit in on it as well! 
So... Angelika is AWESOME. She came to church and the missionary devotional last night even though she wasn't feeling well. Before sacrament meeting started she told me how she's felt the Spirit in her life lately. She then said that she felt like she is a member already but just hasn't been baptized. She talked about how all of the things she's learning is changing her for the better and how she just strives to do what's right. So then I asked her about baptism and if she was ready to make that commitment yet. And she said yes! So we told her to think and pray about a date. :) 
So she went home after sacrament meeting and I prayed and prayed that she'd be able to make it to the devotional that night. Heavenly Father answered my prayer and she was able to make it! After it was over President Eaton announced that the next devotional would be on the 19th of October. So I leaned over to Angelika and said, "You should get baptized on the 18th. :)" I don't know why I said that.. but I'm pretty certain that it was the Spirit! But then she nodded her head and said, "Yeah I think so too!" I was SO shocked and so excited!! So we encouraged her to pray about that date and get the confirmation from Heavenly Father. Ahh... it was awesome!! Then as we were talking to everyone afterwards she went up to the Bishop and told him that she was going to get baptized! Haha I about died. Greatest moment of my life! I know that the Spirit is working in Angelika's life right now and I'm so grateful that she's recognizing that. 
The church is true, my friends. :) It's exciting to be able to watch this gospel change the lives of our brothers sisters. I am SO blessed to be able to be apart of this great work. :) 
I've got to run but If you could all please pray for Angelika and Tealiscia I would very much appreciate it. :) I love you all!!! :) 
-Sister Maurcine Flamm 

No comments:

Post a Comment