Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 25

Hello! 
So news is that I'm getting a new companion! I'm staying here in Federal Way and Sister Kirschner is getting transferred. So we'll see how things go! Ha. I'll get my new companion today. Pray for us!!  

My Bishop in the Star Lake ward gave a talk on Sunday that really stood out to me. So I wanted to share a little bit of the insights that I got from it :) 

He started out talking about when the apostles saw Christ walking on the water. In Matthew 14:25-33 it says,
"25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"

First of all, Peter had the desire to walk on the water. And because of his desire, Christ told him to come! So Peter started walking on the water towards Christ. He then became afraid and started to sink. He cried out for help from our Savior and immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand and lifted him up. Bishop then started talking about how sometimes we doubt and become afraid and as we cry out for help, Christ is there to save us. But this is the interesting part to me. Christ didn't just pick Peter up out of the water and carry him back to the boat. He took him by the hand and walked with him. So Peter was still walking on water! But with the help of our Savior. I know that sometimes things in life seem impossible, but we too can "walk on water" because of Him. 
Sorry it's kind of hard to put into words what I'm thinking in my head.. ha so I hope that made a little bit of sense. But I hope everyone has a fantastic week! I love you all so much :) If you could keep Norea and the rest of the Iraq family in your prayers that would be greatly appreciated. I don't think Norea is going to make it much longer because the cancer has spread throughout her body. :/ It breaks my heart but I know that she'll be free from the pain soon. 
I love you all!! 
Lots of Love, 
Sister Maurcine Flamm 

No comments:

Post a Comment