Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 28

Hello Flammily! :) 

Whew.. what a week :) Conference was pretty much amazing! I loved it so much. We were able to watch the Sundaymorning session at a member's home with Angelika. We gave her a little notebook to write down questions and thoughts that she had and she definitely did that! After the session was over she told us that she was feeling a little unsure about being baptized on October 18th. But during conference someone talked about how no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God. So then she told us that she knew that she needed to get baptized so that she could be worthy to live with our Heavenly Father again someday. Ahhh. Words can't even describe how happy I was :) Ha as a mission we've really been trying to help our investigators to learn by faith and find answers for themselves. Because we can share experiences all day long with them! But it's not until they experience things for themselves that it really clicks and means something personal to them. It's hard because it takes a lot more preparation on our part, but it's totally worth it. :) 

We got to watch Meet the Mormons as a mission this last week! Everyone needs to go watch it. It was SOOO good! I really enjoyed it. But I don't know.. maybe that's because I haven't seen a movie in over 6 months? ;) Haha. But seriously. Go to it at take your friends!! It's a very non-threatening way to share the gospel :) 

The biggest thing that I got out of conference was that I need to make the Sacrament a more meaningful and spiritual experience. I truly do love my Savior and I know that it is because of His Atonement that I can be cleansed and make it back to my heavenly home.

I liked what Elder Hamula said in conference. He said, "By the power of the resurrection, all of us will be restored to the presence of God. That reality presents to us the fundamental question of our lives. The fundamental question facing all of us is not whether we live, but with whom we will live after we die. While everyone of us will return to the presence of God, not everyone of us will remain with him." I love that statement! It's completely up to us whether or not we live with our Heavenly Father and Savior. I want you all to know that I love all of you! And I want to live in Heaven with all of my friends and family someday. :) 

I hope you all feel the love of our Savior this week. And when you feel it, share it. Help others to feel the love as well. :) 

Love you all sooo much. 
-Sister Maurcine Flamm 

No comments:

Post a Comment