Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 30

Dear Flammily and friends, 

Angelika hasn't set a new baptismal date yet.. but please keep praying for her! She really is going through a lot in her life right now. I know that she can get through it though because she truly does have a strong testimony. I think she understands a lot more than I did when I was 15! She's amazing and I know that I'm in this area for her. :) 

I've seen quite a difference as I have tried to make the sacrament more meaningful in my life recently. As I've read talks about the sacrament and scriptures on it I have really strengthened my testimony and understanding of my Savior's Atonement. I sat by an older man at church yesterday who is completely blind. As we were preparing for the sacrament, I glanced over at him and saw that he had his hands in his lap with one palm facing upwards. The deacon passing the sacrament then stood in front of him to offer the bread. I then realized that he would need help taking a piece of bread! So I grabbed one and told him that I was putting it into his hand. He was very appreciative and told me thank you so much. He then kept the bread in his hands for a few moments before he put it into his mouth. Then as the water was being passed, he sat there with his thumb and index finger sticking out so that he would be able to grab the cup when it was placed in his hands. I sat there and tried my best to hold back the tears as I watched this man truly prepare himself to partake of the sacrament. He was so anxious to do it! After that I thought of our Savior and how he suffered and died for every single one of us. He died so that all of us would one day be able to be resurrected and have perfect immortal bodies. I know that because of Jesus Christ, this humble man will one day receive his sight and be made pure. I'm so very grateful for my Savior. I know that He lives! And His love is real. 
   
We are SO blessed to have this gospel in our lives. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to partake of the sacrament each week and be cleansed from my mistakes. Cause I am definitely not perfect. 

I love you all so much!! And I challenge each of you to make partaking the sacrament a more meaningful experience in your lives. I'm going to continue to do that as well! Have a great week. :) 

-Sister Maurcine Flamm

No comments:

Post a Comment